Ackermann Award 2013 ---
The EACSL outstanding dissertation award for
logic in Computer Science
Call for nominations
Eligible for the 2013 Ackermann Award are PhD dissertations in topics
specified by the EACSL and LICS conferences, which were formally
accepted as PhD theses at a university or equivalent institution between
1.1.2011 and 31.12.2012. The deadline for submission is 15 April 2013.
Submission details follow below.
Nominations can be submitted from 1 January 2013 on and should be sent to the chair of the Jury, Anuj Dawar, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2013 Ackermann award will be presented to the recipient(s) at the annual conference of the EACSL (CSL'13), 2-5 September 2013, in Torino (Italy). The award consists of
*) a diploma,
*) an invitation to present the thesis at the CSL conference,
*) the publication of the laudatio in the CSL proceedings,
*) travel support to attend the conference.
The jury is entitled to give more (or less) than one award per year.
The jury consists of:
*) Thierry Coquand (Chalmers University of Gothenburg);
*) Anuj Dawar (University of Cambridge), the president of EACSL;
*) Thomas A. Henzinger (IST Austria);
*) Daniel Leivant (Indiana University, Bloomington);
*) Damian Niwinski (University of Warsaw);
*) Luke Ong (University of Oxford), LICS representative;
*) Simona Ronchi Della Rocca (University of Torino), the vice-president of EACSL;
*) Wolfgang Thomas (RWTH, Aachen).
How to submit
The candidate or his/her supervisor has to submit
1. the thesis (ps or pdf file);
2. a detailed description (not longer than 20 pages) of the thesis in ENGLISH (ps or pdf file);
3. a supporting letter by the PhD advisor and two supporting letters by other senior faculty or researchers in equivalent positions (in English); supporting letters can also be sent directly to Anuj Dawar (email@example.com);
4. a short CV of the candidate;
5. a copy of the document asserting that the thesis was accepted as a PhD thesis at a recognized University (or equivalent institution) and that the candidate has received his/her PhD within the specified period (scanned as pdf-file or faxed).
The submission should preferably be sent by e-mail as attachments to
professor Anuj Dawar:
With the following subject line and text:
*) Subject: Ackermann Award Submission
*) Text: Name of candidate, list of attachments
Submission can be sent via several e-mail messages. If this is the case,
please indicate it in the text. Letters of support and documents can
also be faxed to:
Prof. Anuj Dawar
+44 1223 334678
The Jury has the right to declare submissions to be out of scope or not to meet the requirements.